Friday, June 17, 2011

Lovely List - No 24

3 Weeks 30 Songs - Part II  (Part I)

11 - A song from your favorite band
Depeche Mode - Matyr
DM is my fave band for ages, I've been to many concerts and know the words to most of their songs.
Die Musik von Depeche Mode begleitet mich seit meiner Jugend, DM könnte ich wohl am ehesten als meine Lieblingsband bezeihcnen. Ich war auf einigen Konzerten und kenne die meisten Texte.

12 - A song from a band you hate
Xavier Naidoo - Everything/Alles
He's not a band (and I don't think I hate him) but I just don't get it - the person, the music and the attitude. But I usually don't care for music I don't like so I look for another station as soon as he's playing on the radio.
Zwar keine Band (und hassen? weiß ich nicht...) aber ich finde die Musik furchtbar, die Person unangenehm und den ganzen Habitus mehr als anstrengend. Wie auch schon in Teil 1 genannt, versuche ich Musik die mir nicht gefällt zu ignorieren, also wird einfach das Radio weitergedreht.

13 - A song that is a guilty pleasure
Rick Martin - Livin' La Vida Loca
Although not a latin fan, I have a soft side for the older Ricky Martin tunes :) Hey, it's just fun party music!
Ich weiß auch nicht wieso (ich kann mit Latin Musik eigentlich gar nichts anfangen), aber einige der alten Ricky Martin Songs mag ich doch gerne. Einfach nette Party Musik :)

14 - A song that no one would expect you to love
Craig David - Fill Me In
I'm not that much into dance music - but the 2step/UK garage sound had its charme even for me.
Dance music ist eigentlich nicht mein Genre, aber bei 2 step/UK garage bin ich doch gerne dabei.

15 - A song that describes you
The Notwist - Pilot
At least every now and then. But 1.000 other songs do as well :)
Zumindest manchmal passt das Lied auf mich, aber genauso auch 1000 andere :)

16 - A song that you used to love but now hate
The Rolling Stones - Paint It Black
I could always use the description - I don't like the Stones but Paint it Black is fine - until bad bad Deutsche Telekom decided to use it as a song in their commercial years ago. So the magic is gone, no more Stones for me!
Auf mich passte immer due Beschreibung "die Stones find ich blöd, aber Paint it Black ist cool" - solange bis die grässliche Telekom es vor ein paar Jahren zu ihrem Werbesong machte. Also ab jetzt - keine Stones mehr für mich!

17 - A song that you hear often on the radio
Gossip - Heavy Cross
I only listen to the radio in the car, over here you only get awful stations :( But I love to listen to FM4 (Austrian radio station) .
Ich höre nicht viel Radio. Eigentlich nur im Auto, denn hier bekommt man nur blöde Sender rein. Ich freu mich immer wenn weiter in den Süden geht und man FM4 empfangen kann!

18 - A song that you wish you heard on the radio
Muse - Undisclosed Desires
I'm not sure why they don't play Muse more often (over here), even after their tracks on the Twilight OST.
Muse gehört auch zu meinen Lieblingsbands, ich finde es ziemlcih eigenartig, dass man sie (hier) kaum im Radio hört, obwohl sie dank Twilight doch ziemlich bekannt sind.

19 - A song from your favorite album
Kings Of Convenience - Winning A Battle Losing The War
I think their "Quiet Is The New Loud" is one of my most played and beloved album.
"Quiet Is The New Lound" ist immer (noch) eines meiner liebsten und meistgehörtesten Alben.

20 - A song that you listen to when you’re angry
Jimmy Eat World - Pain
And shout it out while driving through the city - a potentially unhealthy action :)
Und dann am liebsten ganz laut im Auto mitsingen/mitgröhlen - aber weniger wütend werd ich dann eher nicht :)