Saturday, March 19, 2011

Re-Waxing

My black Barbour Bedale wax-jacket is actually my third jacket from the British outdoor clothing brand and I like it a lot. Okay the second lived within my closet only about a year - I sold it because it was way too big. But the first one (a Beaufort) was my favorite for years and then really worn to death. I want to save my favorite spring jacket from the same destiny so I decided to send it in for a re-wax.  I hope it doesn't take to long and the result will be worth it.

Meine schwarze Bedale-Wachs-Jacke ist meine inzwischen dritte Barbour-Jacke. Die zweite hatte ich nur kurz, dann habe ich sie wieder verkauft, denn sie war einfach zu groß. Die erste (ein Beaufort-Modell) hatte ich viele Jahre und habe sie quasi zu Tode geliebt und getragen. Dieser möchte ich daselbe Shciksal ersparen und daher habe ich sie zum Neu-Wachsen (und ggf. kleine Reparaturen durchführen) eingeschickt. Ich hoffe, es dauert nicht zu lange und das Ergebnis ist es wert. Mehr dazu, wenn sie wieder da ist.